Monday, January 10, 2011

Meet our Team: Take Two!

Today we are featuring a Q&A with our very own lovely Amanda Moore. She is a fabulous addition to the As you wish… team. Our brides love her and we think you will too!

How did you get into planning weddings?

I grew up loving weddings; Father of the Bride has been one of my favorite movies for as long as I can remember! Wedding planning started for me by getting certified through AACWP, and surrounding myself with amazing mentors.

What’s the most memorable wedding you’ve ever worked on – what made it so amazing?

08.08.08 was definitely one to remember! No stone was left unturned, and I loved how unique they wanted everything to be! An Alice in Wonderland wedding would be the only way I could think to describe the décor and cakes, nothing was what it would usually be!

What do you do in your free time?

I like to read and play with my dog, Mr. Barrett. I also enjoy planning for Christmas all year long!

What is a wedding trend you’re seeing a lot of lately?

Lately I have found more grooms taking an active role in the planning process, which I love!! The wedding truly is the first day of the rest of the COUPLES life, and it’s great to see both bride and groom participating in the planning! Style wise I love that vintage is in! A little old Hollywood glam, with cage veils and bridesmaids headpieces, mixed with trendy bow ties on the men, is a classic look with a little bit of edge!

The As you wish… team works hard, how do you ladies “play hard?”

When all of us are together it’s a laugh a minute! We love good food and good drinks, while it is not always easy to find down time together, it is time well spent when we do!

What is one thing people probably don’t know about you?

I am the captain of the clean your plate club! It drives me crazy when people don’t finish their food! I don’t care if you don’t eat a huge plate, but eat what you take! If I know a meal if going to be huge at a restaurant I ask them to box half before they bring it out, that way I don’t make myself sick finishing my food!

Who is your favorite wedding dress designer?

I love Monique Lhuillier! Her use of textures and fabrics is timeless and flawless!

Thanks Amanda!

No comments: